SEN 1:1 Tutor - Corby, Northamptonshire
Working one-to-one with children, just not in schools.
You could be the first person your students encounter who wants to listen, give support and instil hope for the future. With your SEN experience, student-centred approach and creative teaching strategies, you'll inspire our young people's education whilst helping them to overcome their various barriers.
You'll be up for the challenge, showing commitment, resilience & innovation.
Now, think of that one person who made a positive difference in your life and ask yourself the question: ‘If it wasn’t for them, would I be who I am today?’
- Flexible days and times depending on the students situation (2-5 days between Monday to Friday), starting September 2022
- Travelling up-to an hour, you'll work one-to-one with students in relaxed environments
- Utilising your expertise and creativity you'll plan & deliver sessions designed around their needs & interests
- You'll help your students become ready to transition back into school
- Job satisfaction - you'll make huge tangible differences to young people's lives
- Dedicated line manager support
- Competitive salary and your travel costs are subsidised
- Training opportunities to grow your knowledge
- Our 2 consecutive Silver Investors in People Awards show how we invest and support you!
What do you need?
- Experience of supporting & teaching students who have SEN or Mental Health needs
- An ability to plan and deliver education, with focus on Maths & English
- Be engaging and easily approachable as well as resilience, patience and empathetic
- 100% commitment to Safeguarding & Child Protection
- A good understanding of and adaptability to IT systems
Give James a call on 020 3409 6410 (option 7) to learn more about working for Fresh Start in Education
We are committed to Safeguarding and due to the nature of this position an enhanced criminal records check is required upon offer of contract. As part of our commitment to Safer Recruitment you will also be required to make full disclosure of any spent, unspent and protected convictions, cautions, reprimands and warnings. As this role involves working with vulnerable children and young people the upmost integrity is required from candidates applying for this position and all your information will be handled with discretion and professionalism.