SEN Education Specialist - Crawley, West Sussex
“Why should I listen to you? You don’t understand what it’s like being me!”
Are you able to engage the disengaged?
You could be the first person in that young person’s life who wants to support their wellbeing and give them hope of a brighter future.
We’re looking for LSAs, TAs, Mentors, Tutors and Teachers to join our team and make the positive change needed in our student’s lives. With your SEN experience, student-approach and creative teaching strategies, you’ll inspire our young people to find their love of learning whilst helping them overcome their social, emotional and academic barriers.
Will it be a challenge? Yes
Will it be fullfilling? Also yes
Will I be supported? Absolutely
What does a typical placement look like?
- Each placement is bespoke to the student requirements and typically run for 6 to 12 weeks (but can be on-going)
- Sessions can vary between 3-5 hours in length and can take place over 2-5 days per week (Monday to Friday).
- We have already met with the student to assess their education, interests, dislikes and potential challenges to give you all the knowledge and tools to create and deliver engaging sessions.
- You will have the autonomy to create and deliver your own session plans to utilise your skills, expertise, and creativity.
- Your dedicated coordinator will be on hand to support you by phone, email and text
What benefits do you offer?
- Receive new and varying placements throughout the year
- Length of service awards
- Access to retail, gym & holiday discount scheme
- Termly update and training events, with time to network
- Ongoing professional development and training opportunities
- Our two consecutive Silver Award’s through Investors in People, reiterates how strongly we feel about the wellbeing of our staff.
What are we looking for?
- Teaching and SEN experience (you don’t need to be a qualified teacher)
- Unwavering commitment to Safeguarding
- Resilience, patience, creativity, and empathy
- Experience in engaging a young person and adapt education to their needs and interests
- Having worked with children who exhibit challenging behaviour
If you have any questions, call Josephine on 020 3409 6410 (option 7)
We are committed to Safeguarding and due to the nature of this position an enhanced criminal records check is required upon offer of contract. As part of our commitment to Safer Recruitment you will also be required to make full disclosure of any spent, unspent and protected convictions, cautions, reprimands and warnings. As this role involves working with vulnerable children and young people the upmost integrity is required from candidates applying for this position and all your information will be handled with discretion and professionalism.