1:1 Special Educational Needs Tutor - Ealing, London
Exhausted from working in schools, but committed to supporting young people with their education? Keep reading...
You could be the first person your students encounter who wants to support their wellbeing and give them hope for the future. With your SEN experience, student-centred approach and creative teaching strategies, you'll inspire our young people to find their love of learning whilst helping them to overcome their social, emotional and academic barriers.
This work isn’t easy and demands commitment, resilience and innovation, but take a step back and think of that one person who made a positive difference in your life. Now ask yourself the question: ‘If it wasn’t for them, would I be who I am today?’
Details of the role
- It's a full-time (Monday to Friday) permanent role starting in September 2022
- Travelling across London, you'll work one-to-one with students in relaxed environments
- Utilising your expertise and creativity you'll plan & deliver sessions designed around their needs & interests
- You'll help your students become ready to transition back into school
- Every 6 weeks or so you'll attend catch-up days in beautiful Folkestone with accommodation paid for
- Job satisfaction - you'll make huge tangible differences to young people's lives
- Dedicated line manager support
- Competitive salary and your travel costs are fully covered
- Continuous Professional Development opportunities to grow your knowledge
- An excellent benefits package that includes counselling support & gym/shop discounts
- Our 2 consecutive Silver Investors in People Awards show how we invest in our people!
What do you need?
- Experience of supporting & teaching students who have SEN or Mental Health needs
- An excellent track record of planning and delivering education, with focus on Maths & English
- An engaging and easily approachable demeanour as well as resilience, patience and empathy
- 100% commitment to Safeguarding & Child Protection
- A good understanding of and adaptability to IT systems
We are committed to Safeguarding and due to the nature of this position an enhanced criminal records check is required upon offer of contract. As part of our commitment to Safer Recruitment you will also be required to make full disclosure of any spent, unspent and protected convictions, cautions, reprimands and warnings. As this role involves working with vulnerable children and young people the upmost integrity is required from candidates applying for this position and all your information will be handled with discretion and professionalism.