1:1 Special Educational Needs Tutor - Woking, Surrey
Are you exhausted from working in schools, but still want to support young people in their education?
Imagine being the very first person they’ve encountered who is genuinely invested in their future and wellbeing. With your SEN experience and student-centred approach, you can inspire a young person to find their love of learning, whilst supporting them through the obstacles they may face.
This work isn’t easy and demands commitment, resilience and innovation … take a step back and think of that one person who made a positive difference in your life - and ask yourself the question… ‘if it wasn’t for them, would I be who I am today?’
When working for Fresh Start in Education you will get to use the breadth and depth of your experience to help a young person overcome their barriers to learning, personal development and challenges to communication.
- Full-time (Monday to Friday) permanent role starting in September 2022
- Travelling throughout Surrey, access to your own vehicle is required (travel costs are fully covered)
- Attend frequent staff catch up days in the beautiful town of Folkestone with accomodation paid for
- Plan & deliver bespoke learning programmes centred around the young person's needs & interests
- Work on a 1-to-1 basis so your students in a relaxed environment suited to them.
- Job satisfaction - you'll make huge, tangible differences to young people's lives
- Dedicated line manager support
- Competitive salary and your travel costs are fully covered
- Continuous Professional Development opportunities to grow your knowledge
- An excellent benefits package that includes counselling support & gym/shop discounts
- Our 2 consecutive Silver Investors in People Awards show how we invest in our people!
What do you need?
- Experience of supporting & teaching students who have SEN or Mental Health needs
- An excellent track record of planning and delivering education, with focus on Maths & English
- An engaging and easily approachable demeanour as well as resilience, patience and empathy
- 100% commitment to Safeguarding & Child Protection
- A good understanding of and adaptability to IT systems
For a chat about working for Fresh Start, please call Josephine on 020 3409 6410
To find out more, click here to view the Job Description.
We are committed to Safeguarding and due to the nature of this position an enhanced criminal records check is required upon offer of contract. As part of our commitment to Safer Recruitment you will also be required to make full disclosure of any spent, unspent and protected convictions, cautions, reprimands and warnings. As this role involves working with vulnerable children and young people the upmost integrity is required from candidates applying for this position and all your information will be handled with discretion and professionalism.