Special Needs Teaching Assistant - Sept 2022 - Cambridge, Cambridgeshire
Are you exhausted from teaching or working in schools, but still want to support young people in their education?
If you are committed to educating and supporting young people…
You could be the very first person they’ve encountered who is genuinely motivated in their wellbeing and future. With a student-centred approach and creative teaching strategies, you would inspire a young person to find their love of learning, whilst supporting them through the obstacles they face. This work isn’t easy and demands commitment, resilience and innovation … take a step back and think of that one person who made a positive difference in your life - and ask yourself the question… ‘if it wasn’t for them, would I be who I am today?’
With your previous experience in supporting students with Special Educational Needs and those with challenging behaviours, you will feel confident in your abilities and skills to make a positive difference. Working for Fresh Start in Education you will get to use the breadth and depth of your experience to help a young person overcome their barriers to learning, personal development and challenges to communication.
- Full-time contract to start 1st September 2022
- Monday to Friday only (so you get to enjoy your weekends)
- Work throughout Cambridgeshire so travelling in your own vehicle is required (but don't worry all your fuel is covered by the company)
- Attend frequent staff catch up days in the beautiful town of Folkestone (+ your accommodation is also paid for)
- Plan & deliver bespoke learning programmes centred around the young person's needs & interests
- Work on a 1-to-1 basis so your students get your full attention all to themselves
To be considered for this role you will need to be:
- experienced in teaching and supporting students with SEN and other complex needs
- experienced in delivering numeracy and literacy / Functional Skills
- engaging and easily approachable
- resilient, patient, creative and empathic
- committed to Safeguarding and Child Protection
- computer and IT literate
- able to create regular lesson plans, manage risk assessments and report on the student’s welfare and progress
- Length of Service awards
- Free wellbeing and counselling support
- Dedicated line manager
- Access to retail, gym & holiday discount scheme
- Frequent training events throughout the year so plenty of time network
- Ongoing professional development and training opportunities
- Fresh Start in Education have had two consecutive Silver Award’s through Investors in People, which reiterates how strongly we feel about the wellbeing of our staff.
For a chat about working for Fresh Start, please call Josephine on 020 3409 6410.
To find out more, click here to view the Job Description.
We are committed to Safeguarding and due to the nature of this position an enhanced criminal records check is required upon offer of contract. As part of our commitment to Safer Recruitment you will also be required to make full disclosure of any spent, unspent and protected convictions, cautions, reprimands and warnings. As this role involves working with vulnerable children and young people the upmost integrity is required from candidates applying for this position and all your information will be handled with discretion and professionalism.