Education Specialist - United Kingdom
You don't understand what it's like to be me – why should I trust you?
Fresh Start in Education work with some of society’s most vulnerable young people.
For those who have complex SEN, SEMH needs and other barriers to education, school and the world as a whole can feel like an alien place that causes anxiety, dread and fear.
Having spent considerable time out of and unable to access education, these young people can fall further behind their peers with little hope of bridging the gap. That’s where Fresh Start in Education and more specifically, you can help.
Fresh Start have a 94% success rate in reintegrating their students back into education because their Education Specialists are the best in the business. We’re looking for experienced education specialists to join their team to engage and teach young people with various barriers to education.
A typical placement
- No two days are the same and you'll be working with a young person supporting their both their academic and social development
- Sessions will last between 3-5 hours and take place Monday - Friday. We're flexible so if you can only do two, three, four or five days, that's okay
- The placement is bespoke to the students requirements but is usually planned for 6-12 weeks (and can be on-going)
- We've already met with the student to assess their education, interests, dislikes and challenges. With a bespoke Pen Portrait, you'll be informed before you start
A typical session
- You'll be delivering personalised sessions centred around the young person's needs and interests
- The session could take place in the student's home, a local library, youth centre or even in the park
- You have the freedom to make the day practical, have rewarding recreational visits and can claim £15 for daily resources
- Your dedicated coordinator is on hand to support you when you need, via email, text or phone
- Create your own plans, having autonomy to use your skills, expertise, & creativity
- Receive new and varying placements throughout the year
- Length of service awards
- Access to retail, gym & holiday discount scheme
- Termly update and training events, with time to network
- Ongoing professional development and training opportunities
What we’re looking for
- SEN experience (you don’t need to be a qualified teacher)
- Unwavering commitment to Safeguarding
- Resilience, patience, creativity, and empathy
- Experience in engaging a young person and adapt education to their needs and interests
- Having worked with children who exhibit challenging behaviour
If you have any questions, call us on 020 3409 6410 (option 7)
We are committed to Safeguarding and due to the nature of this position an enhanced criminal records check is required upon offer of contract. As part of our commitment to Safer Recruitment you will also be required to make full disclosure of any spent, unspent and protected convictions, cautions, reprimands and warnings. As this role involves working with vulnerable children and young people the upmost integrity is required from candidates applying for this position and all your information will be handled with discretion and professionalism.