Special Needs Support Worker - Nuneaton , Warwickshire
We're in the business of changing our student's lives.
As you know, working with young people can be one of the most rewarding, satisfying, and enjoyable jobs out there.
Building relationships, being a constant in their life and believing they have value can dramatically change their future, their self-worth and identity.
This positive change is Fresh Start in Education's aim and what we're looking for in our Education Specialists.
A typical placement
- No two days are the same and you'll be working with a young person in locations such as Nuneaton, Coventry or Rugby, supporting their social development
- Sessions will last between 3-5 hours and take place Monday - Friday. We're flexible so if you can only do two, three, four or five days, that's okay
- The placement is bespoke to the students requirements but is usually planned for 6-12 weeks (and can be on-going)
- We've already met with the student to assess their education, interests, dislikes and challenges. With a bespoke Pen Portrait, you'll be informed before you start
A typical session
- You'll be delivering personalised sessions centred around the young person's needs and interests
- The session could take place in the student's home, a local library, youth centre or even in the park
- You have the freedom to make the day practical, have rewarding recreational visits and can claim £15 for daily resources
- Your dedicated coordinator is on hand to support you when you need, via email, text or phone
- Create your own plans, having autonomy to use your skills, expertise, & creativity
- Receive new and varying placements throughout the year
- Length of service awards
- Access to retail, gym & holiday discount scheme
- Termly update and training events, with time to network
- Ongoing professional development and training opportunities
What we’re looking for
- SEN experience
- Unwavering commitment to Safeguarding
- Resilience, patience, creativity, and empathy
- Experience in engaging a young person and adapt education to their needs and interests
- Having worked with children who exhibit challenging behaviour
If you have any questions, call James on 020 3409 6410 (option 7)
We are committed to Safeguarding and due to the nature of this position an enhanced criminal records check is required upon offer of contract. As part of our commitment to Safer Recruitment you will also be required to make full disclosure of any spent, unspent and protected convictions, cautions, reprimands and warnings. As this role involves working with vulnerable children and young people the upmost integrity is required from candidates applying for this position and all your information will be handled with discretion and professionalism.