Education and Engagement Specialist - Kilburn, North West London
“I’ve made a genuine difference today"
At Fresh Start in Education, you’ll finish your day and be able to say exactly this.
We’re looking for LSAs, TAs, Mentors, Tutors and Teachers to join our team and make the positive change needed in our student’s lives.
Bit by bit, day by day, you’ll see progress that you have initiated. Using your creative, engaging, and bespoke education strategies, you’ll deliver exciting sessions on a 1:1 basis.
Will it be a challenge? Yes.
Will it be fulfilling? Also yes.
Will I be supported? Our two consecutive Silver Investors in People Awards speak for themselves!
Will I leave work with a smile on my face? You can see where this is going...
What does a typical placement look like?
- No two days are the same and you'll be working with one young person in Dorset, supporting their academic and social development
- Sessions will last between 3-5 hours and take place Monday - Friday. We're flexible so if you can only do two, three, four or five days, that's okay
- The placement is bespoke to the students requirements but is usually planned for 6-12 weeks (and can be on-going)
- We've already met with the student to assess their education, interests, dislikes and challenges. With a bespoke Pen Portrait, you'll be informed before you start
What does a typical session look like?
- You'll be delivering personalised sessions centred around the young person's needs and interests
- The session could take place in the student's home, a local library, youth centre or even in the park
- You have the freedom to make the day practical, have rewarding recreational visits and can claim £15 for daily resources
- Your dedicated coordinator is on hand to support you when you need, via email, text or phone
- Create your own lesson plans, having autonomy to use your skills, expertise, & creativity
What benefits do you offer?
- Receive new and varying placements throughout the year
- Length of service awards
- Access to retail, gym & holiday discount scheme
- Termly update and training events, with time to network
- Ongoing professional development and training opportunities
What are we looking for?
- Teaching and SEN experience (you don’t need to be a qualified teacher)
- Unwavering commitment to Safeguarding
- Resilience, patience, creativity, and empathy
- Experience in engaging a young person and adapt education to their needs and interests
- Having worked with children who exhibit challenging behaviour
If you have any questions, call Alex on 020 3409 6410 (option 7)
We are committed to Safeguarding and due to the nature of this position an enhanced criminal records check is required upon offer of contract. As part of our commitment to Safer Recruitment you will also be required to make full disclosure of any spent, unspent and protected convictions, cautions, reprimands and warnings. As this role involves working with vulnerable children and young people the upmost integrity is required from candidates applying for this position and all your information will be handled with discretion and professionalism.