Special Needs Tutor - Crawley, West Sussex
As you know, working with young people can be one of the most rewarding and satisfying jobs out there. You’re right, it can be hard, but we believe the rewards outweigh the challenges. Do you?
The fact that building a relationship with a young person, being a constant in their life and believing they have value can dramatically change their future, their self-worth and identity.
Fresh Start are looking for several Special Needs Tutors to work with our students throughout West Sussex by supporting them academically and socially to give them hope of a brighter future.
This is your opportunity to make a difference.
- Working 1:1 with a young person supporting their academic and social development
- Deliver personalised weekly sessions centred around the young person's needs and interests.
- Sessions will last between 3-5 hours and take place Monday - Friday in the student's home or other suitable learning environment.
- Join Fresh Start's cohort of national tutors receiving job opportunities through the year
- Create your own lesson plans, having autonomy to use your skills, expertise & creativity
- Over-the-phone support from a dedicated line manager.
What we’re looking for
- At least 3 years’ teaching and SEN experience (you don’t need to be qualified)
- Unwavering commitment to Safeguarding
- Resilience, patience, creativity and empathy
- Paid up to £30 per hour (this is based on your qualifications and length of experience)
- Additional pay for planning as well as subsidised food, travel and expenses.
- Paid PAYE so no need to worry about creating your own invoices
Give Josephine a call on 020 3409 6410 for further information about this role.
We are committed to Safeguarding and due to the nature of this position an enhanced criminal records check is required upon offer of contract. As part of our commitment to Safer Recruitment you will also be required to make full disclosure of any spent, unspent and protected convictions, cautions, reprimands and warnings. As this role involves working with vulnerable children and young people the upmost integrity is required from candidates applying for this position and all your information will be handled with discretion and professionalism. For more information please read our Safer Recruitment policy and Data Protection policy.