Functional Skills Tutor - Durham , Co Durham
1. Are you able to offer 1:1 support to a young person who isn't in school?
2. Can you engage those who are hard to reach?
3. What about delivering Entry Level Functional Skills in bespoke and creative ways around a young persons interest?
If you're answering yes to these questions, then read on. Fresh Start in Education support some of society's most vulnerable young people, and give them hope when it can feel like there is none. Our Education Specialists plan and deliver bespoke programmes to support their academic, social and emotional development and give them a second chance.
We're looking for an Education Specialist to work with a 15 year-old student in Crook, Co. Durham. He isn't attending school right now but with empathy, engaging sessions and a genuine interest in him, you'll be able to make a difference to his education.
- You're matched to students based on location, availability & experience - we have other young people in the area between the ages of 5-25
- Flexibility with placements which are 2 to 5 days per week and last 6 to 12 weeks and sometimes can be on-going
- Sessions take place in young people's homes or public places
- Working 1:1 with a 15 year-old young man
- You'll plan and deliver Functional Skills sessions whilst incorporating his interests
- 9 hours per week (3 x 3 hour sessions)
- Flexibility of a Bank Staff contract - you set your availability (minimum of 2 days)
- Autonomy. Use your expertise & creativity when planning sessions.
- Over-the-phone support from a dedicated line manager.
- Additional pay for planning as well as subsidised food, travel and expenses.
We are looking for...
- Unwavering commitment to Safeguarding
- Experienced in working with young people who have SEN and SEMH needs
- The ability to deliver Functional Skills/education creatively
- You don't need to be a qualified teacher
- Strong communication and organisation skills
For a chat about working for Fresh Start, please call James on 020 3409 6410.
To find out more, click here to view the Job Description.
We are committed to Safeguarding and due to the nature of this position an enhanced criminal records check is required upon offer of contract. As part of our commitment to Safer Recruitment you will also be required to make full disclosure of any spent, unspent and protected convictions, cautions, reprimands and warnings. As this role involves working with vulnerable children and young people the upmost integrity is required from candidates applying for this position and all your information will be handled with discretion and professionalism.