Education and Engagement Specialist - Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
Inspiring hope for children and young people with barriers to learning - outside of the classroom.
Are you passionate about supporting vulnerable children and young people who struggle to engage with learning? Do you have the experience, resilience and commitment to advocate for them and inspire hope for a future – regardless of their background, barriers or areas of need?
If yes, then working with Fresh Start in Education will be one of the most rewarding and fulfilling experiences in your career. Don’t take our word for it though. Look at our reviews and see what others say. We are national specialist providers of academic, emotional and social support for students aged 5 – 25 who for whatever reason are either struggling with or cannot access education.
Our matching process is tailored to the specific needs and requirements for each student. That’s where you come in. Through our bespoke recruitment process, we identify your background, experience, training and interests to ensure that each placement is a success. You are empowered to use your creativity, skills and student-centred teaching/engagement strategies to deliver engaging, dynamic and bespoke 1:1 sessions – with the young person at the centre of it all.
As part of our commitment to safer recruitment and Keeping Children Safe in Education (KCSIE 2023), you must pass our strict processes to ensure your suitability to work with children and young people before being considered for work with us. If shortlisted, you will undergo a thorough background check and additional online searches will be conducted. Due to the nature of this position, you are required to hold an enhanced DBS certificate which can be obtained through our recruitment process. You will also be expected to fully disclose any spent, unspent and protected convictions, cautions, reprimands and warnings.
Type of Contract
- Bank Staff worker – providing short-term provisions as and when they arise, paid via PAYE.
- You will need to be available for a minimum of two consistent sessions per week.
- Sessions take place between Monday – Friday, 9am – 4pm and each session is a minimum of 3 hours in length.
What you need to apply
- A minimum of 2 years’ professional experience working with vulnerable children or young people.
- Experience supporting students with additional/complex needs and barriers to learning (i.e. ASC/GDD/ADHD/SEMH/trauma for example.
- Have an enthusiasm to engage and inspire students in their learning across Primary, Secondary or Functional Skill levels.
- Demonstrate an excellent and creative delivery of numeracy and literacy (as well as other subjects).
- Experience establishing safe and professional relationships with vulnerable students along with their carers and/or family members.
- Share the company’s core values as well as our commitment to the protection, safeguarding and wellbeing of children and young people.
- Have the right to work and remain in the UK.
The benefits of working with Fresh Start in Education include
- Competitive hourly rate - £25 - £35 per hour
- Additional £15 per session available to use for resources and activities
- Subsidised travel and refreshments
- Free wellbeing and counselling service
- Discounts and savings vouchers for high street and online shops, cinemas and gyms
- CPD & training opportunities throughout the year
If unsure as to whether you have the necessary experience, please give us a call on 020 3409 6410 (option 7) and we can answer any questions you may have. We want to hear from you.