Education Specialist - Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk
One-to-one support with young people outside of mainstream education.
Experience working with students with SEN/SEND and SEMH needs?
Experience planning and delivering education?
We need you!
Join our team of Education Specialists who are transforming the lives of young people. Working on a one-to-one basis, you will be planning and delivering bespoke learning programmes designed around your student’s needs and interests. Your skills and commitment will help ready our students to reintegrate back into education.
- Working with your student on a 1:1 basis either in their home or a suitable venue.
- Delivering 2-5 sessions per week (centred around the needs, specific requirements and interests of your student).
- Each session will last between 3-6 hours and will take place between 9am – 4pm, Monday to Friday. (Days and times are arranged with yourself before placements start).
- Work for a nationally recognised provider of specialist academic, social and emotional support for vulnerable young children and adults.
- Be part of a team who shares your values and ethos, whilst being supported and appreciated for the work you do.
- Competitive hourly rate of £25 to £35 per hour
- Subsidised travel costs + £15 per day for resources.
- Progression - CPD & training opportunities.
- Free wellbeing and counselling service.
What you need to apply
- Minimum of 2 years’ professional experience working with vulnerable children or young people with additional needs (i.e. SEN), barriers to learning (i.e. challenging behaviours) and/or those with negative experiences impacting their mental health (i.e. trauma, SEMH).
- Experience delivering or supporting English and Maths at either Primary, Secondary or Functional Skills levels – along with other subjects if possible.
- Consistent availability to commit to a minimum of 2 sessions per week. (We recommend a minimum of 2 working days)
- A commitment to keeping children and young people safe, and a practical and up to date knowledge of Safeguarding.
Only apply for this position if you meet the above criteria. You will also need to be living in the UK with the Right to Work and remain in the UK to be considered for this role.
If unsure as to whether you have the necessary experience, please give us a call on 020 3409 6410 (option 7) and we can answer any questions you may have.
Our application process is quick and easy, simply upload a C.V. and some basic information. We’ll review this as soon as possible and will contact you with what happens next.
Due to the nature of the work and our commitment to safer recruitment, you will undergo a thorough background check and will require an enhanced DBS and the Right to Work and remain in the UK. You're required to fully disclose spent, unspent and protected convictions, cautions, reprimands and warnings.